Team Swaps!!

One of the great parts of being involved in my stamping team is swapping!!

To celebrate the arrival of a new catalogue (and the opportunity for demonstrators to purchase products prior to the release of the catalogue), we have decided to do a Pre-order swap. This way we can share samples of products that we might not have yet to our customers and be inspired to purchase them.

There are lots of yummy new stamps coming, so it was hard to decide, but I decided to make a swap using the Awesomely Artistic stamp set that I received at Leadership during Convention as most of the other girls involved in the swap had not received this set.

I’m pleased to see that Typeset DSP has carried over, so I thought I would use it in my swap as well.

may swap

I stamped the flower image in Mint Macaron but it’s a little hard to see. Here’s a close up of the detail.

may swap b

It needed a touch of bling, so I heat embossed the sentiment and dragonfly using gold embossing powder.

I added a piece of Watermelon Wonder lace and tried to make the baker’s twine look randomly squiggled behind the sentiment. Think I need to practice that technique!! Oh well, it’s the thought that counts, right??

Let me know what you think!! And if you would like to find out more about the benefits of becoming a demonstrator and being able to purchase products before everyone else, please contact me at stampinwithrebecca@yahoo.com.au

Happy stamping

Rebecca

Stampin’ Up! products used:

Product List

Sneak Peak time!!

One of the lovely parts of Leadership at Convention is receiving a special gift in the form of a new stamp set.  This year, we received the Awesomely Artistic set, which has lots of great stamps in it.

My friend, Jess, has been experimenting lately with doing different backgrounds and she has inspired me to give it a go too.

I started with a piece of watercolour paper, then inked up my stamp with Mossy Meadow and gave it a spritz with some water directly onto the stamp. I then bravely stamped it onto the card. Phew, one stamp down!!

I continued on with the other stamps in the set. It’s a scary process!!! But I think I’m happy with the end result. I was a bit impatient to wait for it to dry so I used my heat gun to speed up the process.

I cut a piece of the burlap trim to remove the stitching and layered it with a piece of the lace trim. Doesn’t it look pretty!! I even hand cut out the dragonfly!! I didn’t cut out the label though as it perfectly matches the Project Life Cards and Labels framelits.

I hope you like it!!

a awesome

Here’s a close up.

aawesome b

If you would like to obtain a copy of the 2015-2016 Stampin’ Up! catalogue, please contact me at stampinwithrebecca@yahoo.com.au and I’ll post one out to you!!

Happy stamping

Rebecca

Stampin’ Up! products used: