As you may know, I work with my fabulous sister, Sue, on a series of Christian Women’s conferences called She is.. You can check out the website here for this year’s dates! Each year, we have a different theme, and this year’s theme is Hope.
We also work hard to make sure the decorations are beautiful and make the ladies feel special. So, I have been madly making roses for our table decorations. Luckily, Stampin’ Up! have made this easy (or should I say easier!!) by bringing out the Spiral Roses die. So far, I’ve made 200 roses but I’ve still got about 400 to go!! The things we do for Love!!
Our first conference was at Biloela, just last weekend. I didn’t get to go but I got the girls to take a picture of my roses. My sister and my mum painted lots of jars and they look so pretty!!
So I cut out lots of roses using the spiral roses die in every shade of pink that Stampin’ Up! has. I then used the bone folder to break the fibers of the card stock and make it easier to roll the flower. I use a pair of tweezers to start off rolling the flower but I take it out part the way through otherwise you tend to roll it too tightly. I found that if I rolled them and left it for a day before sticking the base down, I got a nicer rose. Otherwise I got a few rosebuds!! To stick the base, I put a strip of sticky strip as it holds really well. I found glue to be messy and took too long to stick, and snail just doesn’t hold enough.
I used the Blossom punch to create the petals. I then used the bone folder to curl the petals. I punched a small hole in the middle so that the stem of florist wire could be poked through and then hot glued it all together.
Repeat 600 times and I’m done!!